(600 words), argue for or against this contention: In Junot Diaz’s 2012 short story “The Cheater’s Guide to Love,” Yunior is a great example of someone who is reluctantly learning to engage in self-reflection about the choices he makes, and by so doing, is on his way to developing great logos and ethos as a critical thinker, eschewing (avoiding) pathos. In the process, detail passages in the story in which Yunior succeeds or fails to practice these characteristics of a critical thinker:
• Controls biases and emotions.
• Distinguishes between fact and opinion.
• Harbors no preconceptions, maintaining an open mind.
• Researches all aspects of a topic before coming to a conclusion regarding the topic.
• Ponders all aspects of a situation carefully before reacting.
• Engages in self-reflection.
• Understands that appearance (how someone or something appears to be) and reality (how someone or something actually functions, or acts) can be different.
Essay one (600 words), argue for or against this contention: In Junot Diaz’s 201